Monday, March 30, 2015

A Short Stint in the Woods

Was able to get out in the back woods for a little bit, the wee one and lady even tagged along. Ive been beyond busy between work, moving and doing my Internship and it was nice to get out even if it was for a short time. Nothing spectacular just getting some fresh air and trying out a few new things before my trip to Canada for Joe Robinet's first class at his new school North Gate Bushcraft.

                                                           The little lady and myself

                                                   Checking out the "Cold Grass" aka moss

                My Sargent M3 has a nice tether point so I use it in my HPG KB to keep my sheath handy

The M3's first real work some nice dry maple







The Great White Wolf

More prep



I didnt use a ferro rod today the little one was getting antsy and I wanted to try out my new match case and storm matches, really like it so far but i couldnt get the bottom strike pad to light a match its too abrasive and seems to just remove material but the strike patch inside works wonders.

The always needed fire shot....

It was a great little get away and I and very happy with my kitbag this is the third trip ive used it, and so far.I have my load out about figured out, its great and when unzipped makes a little table to put your stuff on even. The exotac match case is nice idk if the bottom striker pad is a common issue or not but time will tell if i get it to work. I gave up alot to get up this M3 and I wasn't disappointed its a phenomenal blade and I look forward to using it more.

Thanks for reading and more to come soon I hope.
-Lain






No comments:

Post a Comment